So you’re crying alone in your room like a little shitbaby because no one will give you omurice with cute messages written on it with ketchup. Well, try not to cry too much, nerd, because I have some solutions.
You can either:
a) grab some omurice at a maid cafe (if there’s one in your area)
b) kidnap someone and force them to make you omurice with cute messages on it
c) make it yourself because you are a strong, independent mother fucker who don’t need no meido
I know you’re debating on picking either a or b, but humor me here and pretend you chose c, because today we’re gonna make some delicious fucking omurice. YEAAHHHHHHHHHH.
I’m gonna show you how to make omurice, because I am basically a generous and benevolent god.
(servings: 1, because you’re the only person you need in this world, and also your waifu isn’t real and therefore doesn’t requite sustenance…)
- 1 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 boneless chicken thigh, cut into 1/2 in pieces (optional)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp olive oil (and 2 tsp later for the egg)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 1 egg
- salt to taste
- Cut chicken into 1/2 inch pieces. Chop the onion finely and mince the garlic.
- Melt butter on a large frying pan at medium-high heat. Add 1/2 tsp of olive oil. Add the chicken and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Throw in the onions and cool them until they’re translucent.
- After that, add the rice and season with salt and pepper, and hey, if you have a little oregano on you, I see no issue throwing a pinch of that shit in. Just make sure that before you throw it in, you say some cool catphrase, or just steal Emril Lagasse’s and say “BAM” really loudly with an American-Italian accent.
- Cook the rice and mix it around with the rice and onion for a little over two minutes before pushing it all over to the side.
- Pour the ketchup onto the pan, away from the rice mixture, and let that cook by itself for around 30 seconds. Yeah, idk either, but it tastes like so much better if you cook the ketchup for a little before adding it to the rice.
- Mix the rice and ketchup and cook together for about 3 minutes. When done, remove the rice mixture from the heat and place it onto a place, molding it in any way that you prefer.
- Now lets make dat motherfuckin’ egg, son. Beat the lil shit with a pinch of salt and try not to cry over how fuckin professional you look right now. (Okay, you can cry a little, I’ll allow it).
- Heat a frying pan with about 2 tsp of oil (I prefer olive oil but like whatever man, you do you.)
- Once the pan’s hot enough, pour the mixture into the hot frying pan to make a hella thin sheet of egg. This isn’t supposed to be omelet thick, yo, this is supposed to be, like, crepe thin egg right hurr.
- Once it’s been cooked, cover the molded rice with the egg ‘crepe’ and fold it to make an oval (or round) shape.
- Take your ketchup bottle and write a declaration of love on your omurice with ketchup since no one else will do it for you, you gosh dang weeaboo.
And Bam, you’re done. Eat that shit with a side of veggies and a croquette, or place a little curry on it if you’re not fond of putting ketchup on top of your rice.